How to Meet Government Requirements for Health Claims Substantiation
What is it about?
At the heart of any food or dietary supplement advertising
campaign based on beneficial health benefits is claim
substantiation. Why is it important and what claims need to
be substantiated? What role do scientists, doctors and other
professionals play in substantiation? These questions and more will
be answered at this comprehensive session. Real-world examples
and hypotheticals will be used to illustrate the legal and
compliance pitfalls that challenge companies on a daily basis.
- How to work with your teams to ensure proper clinical studies
- What is an establishment claim and why is it important?
- Understanding the requirements of randomized, double
blind, placebo-controlled human clinical trials
- Understanding the “reasonable basis” standard that the FTC
uses for express and implied claims
- Contrasting FDA v. FTC review of health claims