How to Meet Government Requirements for Health Claims Substantiation
At the heart of any food or dietary supplement advertising campaign based on beneficial health benefits is claim substantiation. Why is it important and what claims need to be substantiated? What role do scientists, doctors and other professionals play in substantiation? These questions and more will be answered at this comprehensive session. Real-world examples and hypotheticals will be used to illustrate the legal and compliance pitfalls that challenge companies on a daily basis.
- How to work with your teams to ensure proper clinical studies are accomplished
- What is an establishment claim and why is it important?
- Understanding the requirements of randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled human clinical trials
- Understanding the “reasonable basis” standard that the FTC uses for express and implied claims
- Contrasting FDA v. FTC review of health claims