FDA and USDA Food Safety Regulations 101: Preventing Adulteration and Contamination
What is it about?
- Overview of essential food safety regulations
- Defining “adulteration” and “adulterants” under the FDCA and the Federal Meat Inspection Act
- Update on prevention protocols for STECs, E. coli, listeria, and more
- Differentiating allergens from pathogens
- How to establish effective food safety guidelines, protocols and screening measures – traceback, HACCP, sanitation SOPs and testing procedures
- Update on the Reportable Food Registry and how the FDA has used information provided in the Registry to address food safety issues