Food Imports: New Safety Requirements Under FSMA’s Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) Final Rule
What is it about?
- Overview of laws and regulations relative to food imports in the U.S.
- Understanding how the FDA, USDA and other US regulatory bodies monitor food import activity outside the US
- Analysis of the Final FSVP Rule and its requirements
- How has this Rule amended prior import requirements?
- Examining key definitions under the Final FSVP Rule
- Who is an importer?
- Who is a foreign supplier?
- Who is a U.S. owner or consignee?
- Deciphering the relationship between the Final FSVP Rule and Preventive Controls for Human Food Final Rule
- Identifying circumstance under which a foreign supplier verification program is required and when it is not
- Examining how the FSMA Final Rule on Accredited Third-Party Certification ties to food imports
- Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP)
- Exploring FDA embargo authority for food imports