Allergen Recall Conundrum: Devising Corrective Behaviors That May Prevent Necessity of a Recall
- Review of allergen requirements under FSMA and other applicable law
- Devising methods to fill the knowledge gap which testing doesn’t always provide
- Contamination from soy and dairy inside facilities and dealing with bad results
- Using experts effectively for allergen identification and recall process
- In-house counsel strategies for allergen recall
- What is the reasonable timeline?
- When should FDA be contacted?
- Weighing the benefits between making “free of” claim vs. making no claim at all