Being Environmentally and Socially Responsible: A Study in Evolving ESG Obligations for the Food Industry
Much Shelist, P.C.
Chief Innovation & Legal Officer
Garden of Life, LLC
Sunsweet Growers Inc.
Keller and Heckman LLP
- Examining how ESG commitments are continuing to evolve and how they are impacting the food industry
- Debating how well-intentioned environmental regulations can negatively impact food production, deforestation, and coastal region shorelines
- Analyzing best practices for packaging and labeling relative to recyclability and composability
- Exploring carbon credits and sustainability
- Assessing how ESG requirements impact importing and exporting
- Developing strategies to ensure ethical sourcing and enforcement
- Examining WROs (withhold release order) and ways to avoid doing business with entities that engage in forced labor supply chains
- Understanding the inclusion of animal care regulations in the greater social obligation scheme (Prop 12, foie gras (NY)
- Discussing SEC obligations with respect to audits and governance