Containing Imported Food Contaminants to Protect Supply Chain Integrity
- Addressing the problem of pesticides and other contaminants that regularly find their way into the supply chain through imported products
- How does a producer protect against this and when needed, defend against it?
- Understanding when supplier verification of “no contaminants” is not enough
- Examining FDA’s standards for evaluating imports
- Reviewing FDA’s protocol for when a contaminant is found in food
- What do manufacturers need to know about import compliance relative to the Foreign Supplier Verification Program?
- Establishing an effective Voluntary Qualified Importer Program