FDA and USDA Rule Roundup
Nutrition Facts Label 2020 Implementation Analysis
- What will FDA’s enforcement of the new nutrition facts label look like given that food companies can use old labels until December 31st of 2019?
- Is it anticipated that the enforcement will start later than 2020?
- Understanding clean labeling
- What claims are currently high-risk claims and what can be done from a labeling perspective to reduce them?
Examining the Status of the Implementation of Bioengineered Foods Disclosure Requirement
- Examining the developments with the implementation of the bioengineered food disclosure requirement
- Have food companies experienced any practical obstacles to the implementation
- Addressing the issues involving testing by the FDA, consumers, and competitors
- Developments with respect to FDA enforcement
- Analyzing the developments with the gene-edited foods and the industry’s push for gene-edited foods to not get the same reception as the GMO foods
FSMA State of the Union
- Examining the FDA’s latest FSMA enforcement through inspections
- Is FSMA changing the way FDA inspects plants?
- Do food companies see this as a continuing challenge or not really?
- Analyzing the impact of the new executive order limiting FDA’s guidance applicability
- Examining the impact of FSMA’s regulation prohibiting food processors and suppliers to contract away and shift food safety responsibility onto the other party
- Exploring the role of AI and its potential impact on food safety enforcement