CBD and Cannabis Working Group for the Food Industry: Making Sense of the Confusing Regulatory State of Affairs
- What are the differences between seed which is safe, CBD oils and variants of CBD generally not recognized as safe?
- CBD as permissible in certain circumstances while THC is not
- What is FDA’s current stance on the uses of CBD in food products?
- What does state-level regulation look like?
- In the absence of FDA’s regulation and resultant state activity, what is a suggested strategy for food companies to employ at this time?
- What can companies who are currently launching products containing CBD expect to see from FDA?
- Marketing and labeling: Addressing the effect of making claims that can’t be substantiated
- What are the anticipated claims involving CBD products?
- Should food companies which are not currently using CBD products anticipate litigation risks if CBD products accidentally enter their supply chain through cross-contamination?