Track 1 ISO 37001-YES OR NO? Industry Perspectives on If, When and How to Implement the Standard
Jay T. Jorgensen
Global Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer
Walmart Stores, Inc.
Chief Compliance Officer
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has issued the ISO 37001Anti-Bribery Management System standard to redefine a framework for corporate compliance. During this highly anticipated session, CCOs from companies seeking ISO 37001 certification will discuss their decisions to become certified and the process for meeting the requirements.
- Deciding whether or not to become ISO 37001 certified: Key considerations
- If and when organizations will require their supply chain members to become certified
- Key elements that must be met in order to be certified
- Ongoing system reviews for monitoring compliance
- Fulfilling the bribery risk assessment requirement
- Assessing the effectiveness of internal controls
- Requirements for leadership: Roles and responsibilities of upper management for this management system
- Ensuring adequate resource allocation
- Third party registrar reviews: What that looks like in reality
- Can ISO 37001 be a useful tool in reducing the risk of bribery?