Track 2 – FCPA & Data Privacy “Pickles”: Case Studies on Resolving Complex, Sensitive Privacy Issues Affecting Internal and Government Corruption Investigations
Through a series of practical case studies, the expert speakers will discuss how to operate within strict foreign data privacy requirements, and cooperate with the SEC and DOJ.
- Reconciling “cooperation” with U.S. agencies’ and conflicting EU data privacy restrictions
- How far you can go with your investigation without committing a criminal act under foreign data privacy laws
- How EU regulators have interpreted data privacy vs. U.S. regulators
- Recruitment and Employment: How to properly screen candidates for internships, boards and employment without running afoul of privacy restrictions
- Cross-border transmitter issues: How to acess emails and other online data
- Data privacy issues when responding to a U.S. subpoena