American Conference Institute is delighted to invite you to attend the 2nd Annual Hong Kong Summit on Economic Sanctions Compliance and Enforcement, which will take place in May 2019.
It has been a year of significant developments on the US and EU Economic Sanctions front and OFAC has announced to expect more penalties by the end of 2018. Hong Kong is an important financial, logistics and high-tech hub in Asia. Rising government expectations and new regulations increase risks for the companies in Hong Kong and the rest of Asia.
Companies must continuously reassess their risk-based sanctions compliance and update screening programs to ensure that they fully incorporate new and evolving global economic sanctions restrictions. Unlike other events, this unique summit features senior in-house speaker from both financial services and global exporters, providing more practical insights and benchmarking opportunities.
2019 Program Highlights:
- FOCUS ON BLOCKING STATUTE: How to Resolve Key Conflicts between Blocking Measure in the EU and US
- EMERGING RISKS: How to detect the Potential Use of Cryptocurrency and Bartering to Evade Sanctions
- HOW TO PROACTIVELY UPDATE YOUR PROGRAM in Response to Rapid Changing Regulations
- FOCUS ON TRAINING PROGRAMMES: What are the Key Components of an Effective Training Programme for Your Employees and Business Partners
- VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURES: How to Meet Government Requirements and When and What to Disclose
- EXPORT CONTROL REFORM ACT OF 2018: Implications of New Definitions of Emerging and Foundational Technology
Senior Government Speakers
U.S. Department of the Treasury
U.S. Department of State
See who attended last year…
Reserve your seat early as attendance is expected to reach capacity. Group rates are also available for 3 or more people.
Conrad Hong Kong
88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong