Contribution Claims: Relationship Between Allocation and Rights of Contribution in Various Jurisdictions and Obstacles to the Assertion of Contribution Claims
Robert D. Goodman
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Christopher B. Kende
Charles E. Leasure III
Shipman & Goodwin LLP
Senior Claim Counsel, NAC Claims Legal Group
Zurich North America
- Jurisdictional differences in the Relationship Between Allocation and Rights of Contribution
- Obstacles to the assertion of contribution claims, either by “spiked” insurers in joint & several jurisdictions, or by non-settling insurers in bankruptcy situations
- In “all sums”, contribution claims between insurers and set offs between insurers
- Can other insurers bring contribution claims against those insurers that settled with the policy holder?
- Impact of settlements on claims against non-settled carriers, e.g. settlement credits, contribution rights, etc.