The Reinsurer’s View of Allocation — Allocation Issues and Methodology When Reinsurance is Involved, Including Follow The Fortunes/Follow the Settlements Trends
- Why allocation matters to reinsurers?
- Allocation Methodology in a Reinsurance Context
- Allocation and new developments in the “follow the fortunes/follow the settlements” clauses, trends and recent cases
- To what extent is a reinsurer bound by its cedent’s allocation
- Is a cedent’s allocation always binding on its reinsurer?
- Key points of contention between cedents and reinsurers
- How binding are a cedant’s settlement allocations
- Latest case law affecting allocation
- How arbitrators view allocation disputes