The Reinsurer’s View of Allocation — Allocation Issues and Methodology When Reinsurance is Involved, Including Follow The Fortunes/Follow the Settlements Trends
Marc L. Abrams
Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
Lawrence S. Greengrass
Mound Cotton Wollan & Greengrass LLP
Robin C. Dusek
Freeborn & Peters LLP
SVP Claims & Litigation — The Americas
Michael J. Blair
Vice President – Environmental Claims
Gen Re – A Berkshire Hathaway Company
- Why allocation matters to reinsurers?
- Allocation Methodology in a Reinsurance Context
- Allocation and new developments in the “follow the fortunes/follow the settlements” clauses, trends and recent cases
- To what extent is a reinsurer bound by its cedent’s allocation
- Is a cedent’s allocation always binding on its reinsurer?
- Key points of contention between cedents and reinsurers
- How binding are a cedant’s settlement allocations
- Latest case law affecting allocation
- How arbitrators view allocation disputes