ACI’s Insurance Coverage & Extra-Contractual Disputes conference heads to Philadelphia to bring you in-depth topics researched from the leaders in the industry and expert insights from seasoned in-house professionals, top law firms and experienced jurists from across the nation.
Attend to learn the latest litigation trends, emerging theories of liability, and the most effective defense and settlement strategies.
- State of the market for high profile cases: hotbed states for insurance coverage disputes and how carriers can properly manage these; ALI’s Restatement on Liability Insurance, attorney’s
fees, and the latest nuances in statutory and punitive damages
- The ever changing duty to defend and how it’s currently leading to bad faith
- Carriers failing to properly investigate claims involving requests for additional insurance coverage
- Creative bad faith set ups: preventive strategies and techniques with regard to open limits
- Legal audits: Auditing Legal Bills, Attorney/Client Privilege Issues, and Discovery Issues
- Consent judgments: strategies in bad faith claims given the use of consent judgments
- Carrier’s duty to initiate settlement negotiations in the context of insurance coverage disputes
- Bad faith discovery: what’s discoverable, what’s not, and what might be deemed discoverable given FRCP Amendments
- Dealing with increased requests for corporate witnesses
- Overcoming latest challenges with institutional bad faith claims
- Bad faith in relation to excess coverage/excess policy claims and inter-company bad faith claims
- Application of attorney-client privilege for insurers in bad faith cases and waiver
- Mediation best practices in bad faith suits
This event will fill up quickly, so register now by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563, or registering online.
The Union League of Philadelphia
140 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
American Conference Institute is pleased to offer our delegates a limited number of hotel rooms at a preferential rate. Please contact the hotel directly and mention the “ACI Insurance Coverage Disputes” conference to receive this rate.