An Update on the Status of the Fiduciary Duty Rule: Issues Surrounding the Implementation of the Rule and Impact on the Current Products
What is it about?
- The status of the rule — what does the final rule say and what does it really mean?
- What are the implications for people with qualified plans, such as self-directed 401(K)s and IRAs?
- What are companies that offer affected products evaluating? What are they changing?
- How will products be designed?
- How will it be underwritten?
- Liability that will go with it; What can regulators do as an enforcement action? What can individual owners of a product bring as a class action lawsuit?