NEW LEGISLATION: THE ECRA OF 2018 & THE NDAA OF 2019
Global Implications for Export Controls Restrictions and New Compliance Expectations
What is it about?
- Defining “emerging and foundational technologies”
- Analyzing the NDAA rules on export controls, the Export Control Reform Act of 2018 (ECRA)
- Countering attempts to secure technologies via espionage by problematic countries such as China
- Reviewing the new requirements impacting export controls
- Considering whether these critical updates will produce further export restrictions on emerging technology that are deemed critical to national security, such as cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and machine learning