Cloud Computing From A to Z: How to Safely Store Export Controlled Data
What is it about?
As more and more data is stored in the cloud, U.S. trade control issues are a common challenge for most companies. This comprehensive and interactive workshop will examine topics including:
- Who is responsible for knowing and communicating the export jurisdiction/classification of the data?
- What are the different requirements if the data are ITAR or EAR controlled?
- How are the trade compliance requirements maintained among the different players?
- Who has responsibility for identifying, correcting and reporting a trade compliance issue if it arises?
- How is reporting of the problem carried out (both to the USG and to others, including customers/vendors, etc.)?
- What corrective steps would help prevent a recurrence of the problem?
- What should be stored in the cloud?
- What are your due diligence responsibilities as an exporter or user of the cloud?
- What responsibilities are there of the cloud service provider?