The U.S. Departments of Commerce, State and Justice continue to vigorously investigate technology transfers and deemed export violations, and they have grown increasingly coordinated for enforcement purposes.
As technological advancement outpaces compliance programs and regulatory guidance, there are more significant gray areas than ever affecting the success of technology control plans. Whether you are on-boarding foreign nationals, implementing new IT systems and platforms that include cloud storage, or managing third-party hiring processes and technology access, the risks are many and the stakes are high.
American Conference Institute’s 9th National Export Controls Forum on Technology Transfers, Cloud Computing & Deemed Exports provides a unique benchmarking platform around complex EAR and ITAR compliance challenges. Join your
industry cohorts to compare best practices for tackling real-life, practical compliance issues:
- Interpreting the most recent BIS and DDTC definitions and final rules
- Developing policies around complex technological scenarios including derived data and foreign-produced direct products
- Identifying the red flags that raise suspicion with the enforcement agencies
- Best practicies for managing deemed export programs in organizations of varying sizes
REGISTER EARLY as seats for this forum are expected to fill to capacity. A number of companies choose to send a team, taking advantage of group discounts.
Reserve your seat by calling 1-888-224-2480 or online.
Venue & Accommodations
10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005
American Conference Institute is pleased to offer our delegates a limited number of hotel rooms at a preferential rate. To book a room at the discounted rate please contact the hotel directly and mention “ACI’s Technology Transfers” or you can book a room online using the reservation link provided below.
Discover the fresh new feel of the Washington Plaza. Designed in 1962 by world-famous architect Morris Lapidus, this recently renovated Washington DC hotel near the White House offers an engaging balance of cosmopolitan ambiance and unpretentious hospitality – perfect for international business trips, romantic getaways, and once-in-a-lifetime family vacations. Step out our front door and explore chic, fashionable Thomas Circle, one of DC's hippest neighborhoods. Enjoy a short trek to a treasure trove of National Mall monuments and Smithsonian museums. Or experience some of Washington's premier shopping and nightlife. After a day of tours or business meetings, return to our welcoming lobby and well-appointed downtown Washington DC hotel rooms, where superb amenities and attentive but never overbearing service allow for an exceptionally relaxing stay.
- Ideally located at Thomas Circle, near Massachusetts Avenue, in the heart of Washington DC
- Five blocks from the White House and Washington Convention Center
- Minutes from major museums, monuments, and attractions
- Close to the city's best shopping and hottest nightlife
- A short walk from the McPherson Square Metro Station
- Four miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)