Year in Review: Notable ITC Developments and What to Expect for the Future
Kathryn L. Clune
Crowell & Moring LLP (Washington, DC)
Paul Hastings LLP (Washington, DC)
Gregory F. Corbett
Chair, Litigation Practice Group
Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C.
Join us as we assess the most important section 337 developments of the past year and their impact on ITC practice and procedure. We will also explore forecasts for 2023 and changes at the Federal Circuit.
- Reviewing notable investigations and potentially consequential ITC decisions of the past 12 months
- Exploring the latest Domestic Industry decisions and the increasing difficulty of proving the economic prong – has there been a shift in analysis and is there a different threshold than in the past?
- Public Interest considerations and their increasing import; Inv 337-TA-1204 Certain Chemical Mechanical Planarization Slurries and Components
- Analyzing recent ITC rulings on Standard Essential Patents (SEP)
- Examining simultaneous IPR’s over the year and assessing if there will be a shift in the interplay between the ITC and PTAB
- Highlighting the Interim Initial Determination (ID) pilot program to allow ALJ’s a mechanism to initiate expedited proceedings