Non-Practicing Entities Before the ITC: Notable Investigations and Challenges in Defensive Litigation
As NPEs continue to seek and obtain remedies through the ITC, their opponents are increasingly dismayed at what they consider to be radical departure from the intended purpose of this body. In this interactive discussion, defense counsel will analyze:
- The legislative history of the ITC and how Section 337 proceedings involving NPEs have evolved
- Why some NPEs turn to the ITC while others do not and advantages of this venue over district court that are particular to NPEs
- Questions over the proportionality of remedies to the violations for which relief is sought
- How unwilling licensees and other reluctant third parties are implicated in Section 337 proceedings
- What companies can do to challenge claims by NPEs that they deem to abuse the process and stray from the objective of the ITC
Complete the form below to download the recording of the webinar.
Recording the webinar either by audio or videotape is not permitted without prior express written consent of American Conference Institute. Speaker permission must be obtained for use of presentation content in news coverage/articles.
By downloading this recording, you agree to our Terms of Service.
American Conference Institute
45 West 25th Street 11th Floor
New York, NY 10010