Claims Substantiation at First Blush: An In-Depth Approach to Ensuring Your Ads Can Prove Your Claim to Avoid Scrutiny
What is it about?
- Overview of the latest trends in cosmetics and personal care products claims substantiation: natural, organic, preservative free, paraben and sulfate free, wrinkle reduction, eyelash growth, etc.
- Providing the proper substantiation to support your claim
- Using third-party independent companies to provide evidentiary support of specific ingredient(s)
- Assessing and industry standard for testing requirements
- Devising creative strategies to remain compliant and make your claim work for your product
- Comparing and contrasting different types of claims including scientific, consumer, clinical, comparative, and superiority
- Measuring when to step in and stage a response and assessing the strength of your answer
- Review of the recent NAD and FTC decisions impacting the cosmetics industry