Exploring the Cyber Threat of Social Engineering
The recent wave of phishing attacks promulgated by email scams has exposed the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of the information super highway. The email scam risk is now a global threat as UK hospitals and other entities abroad have been targeted. These threats, whether they are from sanctioned countries or fraudulent hackers within the United States, are wreaking havoc on the Web. Anyone with personal or protected information is affected on some level or another. This session will explore the new wave of social engineering and the catastrophic nature of its risks.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Exploring the new wave of social engineering threats, both in the U.S. and abroad
- Training employees to better understand the risk when opening a link or a demand for transfer of funds
- Implementing tighter internal controls within the company to avoid attacks
- Raising awareness of risk to policyholders who are the most affected (law firms, CPA’s, realtors, etc.)
- Recognizing the gaps in cyber policies for social engineering