Cyber and Data Risk Insurance Master Class: Evaluating Coverages, Assessing Needs and Negotiating and Customizing Key Policy Provisions
In today’s cyber connected world, cyber and data risk insurance is a critical coverage that every business should have. Assessing coverage needs requires a thorough analysis of vulnerabilities and threats, as well as potential liabilities. In this interactive master class, speakers will explore every facet of a cyber and data risk policy including defining key terms, evaluating coverages, drafting provisions, and outlining limitations and exclusions.
As an attendee you will come away with detailed information on how to negotiate and customize cyber risk provisions and policies in the marketplace.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Survey of types of available cyber coverages
- Preparing a needs assessment checklist
- Determining the scope of first and third party coverage
- Understanding triggers of coverage
- Detecting and clarifying uncertainties in the contract language
- Defining key terms in the cyber policy
- Negotiating significant limitations and exclusions
- Examining consent and panel provisions
- Dovetailing coverage with other insurance and indemnity agreements
- Identifying the appropriate use of manuscript policies, customization, and interpretive letters