Ethical Considerations for Life Sciences Patent Prosecution
Bart W. Giddings
Assistant General Patent Counsel
Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)
- Understanding how to maintain candid communication with the PTO
- Analyzing how to maintain an equitable balance between risks and benefits of asserting an inequitable conduct defence
- Exploring best practices to avoid inequitable conduct in the life sciences space: what is reasonable to disclose to the PTO going forward?
- Related prosecution applications in the US and abroad?
- Foreign language documents post-patent reform?
- Related litigation, applications, and Office Actions?
- Prior sales and prior public uses?