Europe — Post Brexit Effect: Update on the Unified Patent Court and the Future of the Unitary Patent
Honorable Teresa Rea
Crowell & Moring LLP (Washington, DC) (Former Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Former Acting Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office)
- Determining whether the UK can still participate in the UPC after its exit from EU?
- How does this affect U.S. pharma companies seeking patent protection in the U.K?
- Reviewing the patent prosecution process and utilisation of the UPC
- What are the expected outcomes of Brexit to the UPC
- How will this impact patent prosecution strategies for U.S. pharmaceutical companies looking to obtain Unitary Patents?
- How will IP case law develop resulting from Brexit?
- Understanding how influential English court decisions are on the international stage?
- Determining best practice litigation strategies at the Unified Patent Court to obtain a Unitary Patent