Workshop B – Antibody Claims Drafting Master Class: Strategies for Ensuring Success in U.S.
What is it about?
(Registration begins at 1:00)
Drafting antibody claims is a complex and nuanced endeavour. Questions surrounding which claims are patentable in the United States as well as Europe are becoming increasingly difficult to navigate. This workshop will help cut through the complexity and offer solutions for successful patenting strategies as well as global commercialization. Points of discussion will include:
- Survey and review of antibody patent practice throughout the world
- Understanding different patent office’s interpretation for antibody claims
- Drafting claims for protection across differentjurisdictions
- Discussing latest case law in relevant jurisdictionsand interpreting their results
- Developing strategies for effectively drafting antibodyclaims in different international jurisdictions
- Best practices in the U.S. and Europe
- Understanding the variety of options available tomaximise the scope of protection
- Practical guides and experiences
- Understanding how this process varies from country to country and office to office in certain multinational companies
- Examining the corporate in-house process for drafting claims
- Real life case-study and discussing possible solutions to common drafting dilemmas