Navigating the Current Obviousness Landscape: Integrating the Latest Developments in Obviousness-Type Double Patenting and Inherency into Your Patent Prosecution Approach
Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Tina Dorr, Ph.D.
Cantor Colburn LLP
Kathleen Kahler Fonda
Senior Legal Advisor, Office of Patent Legal Administration
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Analyzing the latest obviousness-type double patenting case law developments in the U.S.
- Examining the implications of Immunex v. Sandoz (Fed. Cir. 2020) on the standard for determining common ownership in applying ODP
- What is the status of current legislation being proposed around ODP?
- Developing strategies for avoiding and overcoming obviousness-type double patenting rejections
- Inherency and Obviousness Development Updates