Litigating Strategies for Filing ERISA Case v. Filing Non ERISA Cases, Procedural Nuances in the Early Stages of Pleadings, Finding More Favorable Venues, and Transfer of Venue
- What are the litigation strategies for wanting ERISA to apply v. not wanting ERISA to apply to a disability case?
- Creative ways that both plaintiff and defendant are thinking of ways to further a claim
- Moving to transfer to a more favorable venue
- Attacking the pleadings
- Motion to dismiss based on ERISA preemption
- Motion to transfer venue
- Appropriate motion to strike components of the complaint even though entire complaint should not be thrown out