FOCUS ON FCA/QUI TAM AND CLASS ACTION ACTIVITY
False Claims Act and Enforcement Activity Affecting MCOs
Divisional Vice President, Senior Litigation Counsel
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL)
Colin R. Jennings
Squire Patton Boggs (Cleveland, OH)
- Exploring recent FCA/qui tam activity in the managed care realm
- What are the new areas of enforcement?
- What are the key theories as to how to defeat these claims?
- Examining the anticipated trend of plans suing as plaintiffs under FCA
- Determining when to pursue affirmative cost recovery litigation against third parties
- Examining successful claims against pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers