IN-HOUSE COUNSEL THINK-TANK
The Challenges of Being a Managed Care Entity in Today’s Healthcare Environment
Senior Associate General Counsel
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
Assistant General Counsel
Humana (Louisville, KY)
Vice President & Deputy General Counsel
BCBSNC (Durham, NC)
- Addressing coverage and cost challenges in the current environment
- How to expand coverage and keep premiums low
- Examining the Medicare/Medicaid expansion in various states and potential impact on payors
- Exploring the impact of new entrants (e.g., Amazon, Berkshire) on payors
- Analyzing HHS’ guidance on how to implement its blueprint for drug pricing
- How do MCOs anticipate the drug pricing developments will impact existing contractual arrangements? What types of risk will MCOs potentially be exposed to?
- Exploring the recent trend of moving discovery in-house
- Do in-house counsel feel they are equipped to handle the bulk of the discovery matters in-house?