FOCUS ON FCA/QUI TAM AND CLASS ACTION ACTIVITY
What Lies Ahead for Managed Care Organizations with Respect to Opioid Litigation
Michael P. Abate
Kaplan Johnson Abate & Bird LLP (Louisville, KY)
Amanda L. Waesch
Brennan, Manna & Diamond (Akron, OH)
- Addressing theories of liability implicating managed care organizations in the current opiod litigation
- Risk management perspective: how are MCOs handling opioid procedures internally?
- Addressing treatment for addiction not typically covered: How have plans evolved, if at all, as a result of the epidemic?
- What changes are plans seeing in their policies in relation to opioid therapies and treatments?
- Exploring the interest in recouping funds from prescribers who are overprescribing
- Examining the possibility and probability of suing opioid manufacturers
- Examining potential affirmative claims health plans would be bringing against manufacturers, distributors, and providers