In response to the daunting challenges facing the medical device industry, ACI’s Advanced Summit on Medical Device Patents provides a forum for the key players – preeminent in-house IP counsel, patent prosecutors and litigators, the PTO, and judges – to unite and share their collective intellectual property knowledge.
In this time of sweeping changes and with such high stakes in the lucrative medical device market, this industry-specific intellectual property conference will provide you with the certainty in your claiming and defense strategies which you need more than ever. Walk away from this event with cutting-edge medical device patent strategies- prosecution and litigation- to immediately incorporate into your practice.
A selection of topics to be discussed this year include:
- How to Strategically use IPRs for Medical Device Patents
- Protecting Medical Device Patents in Light of Increasingly Strict Subject Matter Patentability, Written Description, and Obviousness Standards
- In-House Roundtable: Strategic Considerations for Limiting Liability and Managing and Reducing Costs in Medical Device Patent Prosecution and Litigation
- View from the Bench: The Judicial Perspective on Medical Device Patent Litigation
- The Present Willfulness Standard: Analyzing the Necessity of Non-Infringement Opinions in view of Recent Case Law
- ETHICS and Medical Device IP: Special Concerns for PTAB Practice
AND, a half-day post-conference workshop: Sailing Around the World: The ins and outs of Designing a Cohesive International Patent Strategy
To further networking opportunities, we will again be co-locating this event with our Life Sciences Patents conference.
Register now by calling 888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 877-927-1563 or registering online at registering online.
36 Central Park S, New York, NY 10019
American Conference Institute is pleased to offer our delegates a limited number of hotel rooms at the preferential rate of $149/night + tax. Please note that this rate will expire on February 10, 2017, and is only available until ACI’s block is sold out. Reservations made after this time are subject to hotel availability and rate. Please contact the hotel directly and mention the “ACI’s Medical Device Patents”.