With a divided government and growing list of congressional investigations, financial institutions, companies, executives and outside advisors continue to be under the microscope.
Whether you are the subject of an investigation or a witness, how you respond to a subpoena and navigate the process can mean the difference between a favorable outcome and a full-blown crisis.
As the only comprehensive, practical event for all stakeholders – government, industry, private practitioners, PR firms and more – this highly anticipated conference will delve into the unspoken lessons for weathering one or more concurrent congressional investigations – and possible, overlapping enforcement actions by government agencies.
The topics of discussion will include:
- How congressional investigations are now being authorized and run
- Crisis management: Concrete examples of a successful legal and PR strategy
- Important differences between your preparation for Congressional vs. executive branch investigations
- The scope of Congressional subpoena power and how it is now being enforced
- Surprising, new lessons from recent congressional investigations
- The most critical missteps to avoid when responding to a letter from a committee