A Town Hall with the Magistrate Judges*
What is it about?
Limited to 40 attendees* in each session – each attendee can only attend one Magistrate Judge led session.
*To ensure a fair balance of brand name and generic participation, all interested parties will be prequalified before registering. Please click here to register for the tracks .
When to Reduce Claims and Defenses to a Manageable Level in Paragraph IV Litigation
- Utilizing claim reduction during scheduling negotiations to avoid excessive patent claims
- Deciding when to oppose consolidation of new actions in litigation based on patents issuing from new applications
- Determining when to demand that claims to be tried are representative of all asserted claims and give ride to estoppel
How to Masterfully Manage Protective Order Disputes
- When to seek limitation on prosecution and regulatory bars
- Deciding how many tiers of confidentiality should be designed and who many access confidential information within each tier
- Best practices for expanding or limiting the scope of protective order provisions
Practical Strategies and Tactics for
Effective Settlement Negotiation
- Developing timelines for business and legal milestones relatives to terms of the settlement
- Understanding the application of antitrust law’s “rule of reason” to pharmaceutical patent settlements
- Examining decisions concerning pharmaceutical patent settlements