ACI’s Hatch-Waxman Series Advisory Board on “The Three C’s*
What is it about?
Esteemed members of ACI’s Hatch-Waxman Series Advisory Board will lead this new breakout track. Limited to 20 attendees* per session, these unique, interactive discussion groups will provide exclusive, and intimate networking
and benchmarking opportunities that will shed light on the expectations of in-house counsel from their law firm partners. It is also a vehicle for other in-house counsel to benchmark their current “3C’s” strategies with those of the Board.
*To ensure a fair balance of brand name and generic participation, all interested parties will be prequalified before registering. Please click here to register for the tracks .
Monitoring Legal Spend and Balancing the Budget
- Establishing best practices for cost reduction to enhance predictability for cash flow purposes
- Identifying processes to assist with budgeting, fee arrangements and billing
- Examining the value of licensing deals and structures
Finding the Right Talent with Time-Proven Strategies
- Considerations in selecting outside counsel
- Evaluating the appropriateness of work product
- Reconciling firm capabilities versus individual attorney reputation and ability
Communicating Value and Collaboration Between Corporate Legal and Outside Counsel
- Establishing the desired level of commitment, availability and responsiveness early-on in the relationship
- Succinctly focusing on shared, pragmatic business goals
- Determining preferences for formality of correspondence and practical versus academic guidance