Subject Matter Patentability and Written Description Reconsidered: Understanding the New §101 and §112 Conundrum
What is it about?
- Exploring the §112 and §101 nexus illustrated in recent ANDA cases
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. v. West-Ward Pharmaceuticals
- Understanding how the Federal Circuit’s decision in Affinity Labs of Texas, LLC v. Amazon.com, Inc., may impact Paragraph IV litigation
- Examining the resurgence of 101 applicability in an ANDA setting
- Drafting claims to avoid §101 roadblocks relative to pharmaceutical patent applications
- Reviewing court-determined “adequate written descriptions” under § 112
- AbbVie Deutschland GmbH & Co., KG v. Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- Understanding the standard for determining the adequacy of the “written description” of the invention under this recent jurisprudence and how it applies in a Hatch-Waxman setting
- Reviewing precedent where substantial evidence supports claims of adequate written description
- Analyzing whether the true test of written description requirement is based on enablement versus possession