The APJs Speak on Practice, Policy, and Procedure in the World of Pharmaceutical Patent Validity Challenges
What is it about?
- Surveying notable pharmaceutical patent wins and losses
- Reviewing IPR, PGR and CBM filings involving pharmaceutical patents
- Examining the latest statistics for types of challenges brought and types of patents challenged
- Examining when the PTAB will issue a “good cause” extension of trial
- Considering emerging case law shaping the role of prior art in the PTAB’s discretionary denial of inter partes review
- Evaluating when petitioners may rely on prior art previously considered by the PTAB