Think Tank: Recent Developments and the Future Direction of IPR Proceedings
Senior Legal Director, Head of IP Litigation
Dell (Boston, MA)
Founder & Principal
Colev Law, P.C. (Los Gatos, CA)
Scott A. McKeown
Ropes and Gray (Washington, DC)
2021 has been a busy year for the PTAB and IPR proceedings, given the Arthrex decision and the pending appointment of the Interim Director. As we look back on some of the most important issues and trends impacting the PTAB community, and prognosticate on what lies ahead, our panel of speakers will review and discuss some of the most important developments and what this means for the various sectors.
- Examining recent trends and statistics in IPR proceedings
- Precedential Decisions and Guidelines
- Reviewing the new ‘pilot program’ concerning motions to amend
- What does the data show 2 years into the program?
- How well received were the changes?
- Evaluating treatment of applicant admitted prior art (AAPA) in a patent challenged in an IPR
- 35 U.S.C. § 311(b)
- Exploring the evolving law of estoppel, the scope of review under §315(e)(2) and related consequences
- Analyzing recent PTAB and Federal Circuit decisions and their industry impact:
- Financial Services
- Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences