According to CMS, for the 2014 Sunshine reporting period over 11 million records have been reported for a value exceeding $6 Billion. The stakes are high and compliance is essential.
Identify what works and what needs work now that two reporting cycles are now in the books and Sunshine Act implementation has been ongoing for a year. Benchmark with your peers and ensure that your compliance program is robust enough to overcome all of the challenges that are arising from Sunshine reporting.
Taking a completely new approach not offered anywhere else in the market, this event will allow you to benchmark with your peers to avoid exposure to liability stemming from Sunshine Act reporting requirements. Managing and maximizing the utility of the data collected has never been more important now that the government, competitors, and whistleblowers/relators are able to access the reported data. This is no longer a “how to compile data and report” conference; we are offering so much more. From protecting yourself when making fair market value determinations, to dealing with scheduling travel, to making sense of the disconnect between Congress and CMS with regard to reporting reprints and certain CME, this event will save you time and money as a leading faculty of drug and device manufacturers on the frontlines, government enforcers, and policy advisors help you formulate real-world, cost-effective strategies to maintain a robust compliance program.
Why this year’s event is a must-attend for you and your team:
- Learning from two reporting cycles and a year of Sunshine Act implementation, companies are seeing that there is exposure to liability from activities that are tangential to the reporting itself. Determining fair market value, contracting, engaging with CROs, are just a few examples of exposure that relates back to Sunshine reporting. Network and brainstorm with thought leaders from over 15 companies including Abbott, Alexion, ApoPharma, Arthrex, AstraZeneca, Biomet, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Cantel Medical, Chiesi, CSL Behring, Daiichi Sankyo, DePuy Orthopaedics, Eli Lilly and Company, Integra, Maquet, Pfizer, Smith & Nephew and many more who will share their experiences to help you meet the intense challenge of satisfying complex federal and state disclosure requirements. Developed by attorneys based on the insights of counsel and compliance officers on the front lines of reporting, every session at this conference has been tailored to be both practical and forward-thinking; unlike other events, this is not a vendor-driven meeting.
- Reporting was just an initial hurdle; now there is the huge problem of how the government, competitors, and the public will use this treasure trove of data about every companies’ sales practices and what it will mean for relationships with HCPs going forward. Hear directly from federal and state enforcers about what has led to enforcement actions during the initial stages of implementation. Moreover, how the companies can use this data to their advantage is also of concern. Companies are going to great lengths to compile this data; benchmark with others and learn how to best take advantage of the data that has been collected.
- Leave the conference poised to meet the massive challenge of satisfying federal, state, and international disclosure requirements in an expedited timeframe and add value to your conference experience by attending the interactive workshops:
- Pre-Conference Workshop: Comprehensive Analysis of State Disclosure Laws: Preemption, Enforcement, and Continued Reporting Requirements
- Post-Conference Master Class on Setting Up an International Transparency Program: Risk Mitigation Strategies for Global Spend
Attending this conference will save you time and money as a frontline faculty including drug and device manufacturers, government enforcers, state legislators, and policy advisors help you formulate real-world, cost-effective strategies to capture and report accurate and compliant spend data. Join your colleagues who are going through this process alongside you by calling 888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 877-927-1563 or registering online.