Overcoming Conflicts of Law in Economic Sanctions: Best Practices in Screening and Due Diligence for Risk Mitigation
Giovanna M. Cinelli
Chair of the US region’s Export Controls and National Security Practices
Dentons (Tysons, VA)
McCarthy Tétrault LLP (Toronto, ON)
- Compare and contrast U.S. and Canadian perspectives on sanctions regulations
- Iran – practical impact of the JCPOA, and opportunities for certain industries
- Russia – how sectoral sanctions function in practice and the 50% rule
- Cuba – overcoming conflict of law between Canada and the U.S.
- Update on Canadian sanctions regulations, including the latest Belarus guidance
- Differences in denied party screening in the US and Canada, including lists that must be screened for each
- Re-transfer issues involving parts and components
- How are you penalized as a non-U.S., company in terms of extraterritorial sanctions violations?