A Comprehensive Review of Your Obligations Under the Controlled Goods Regulations: Everything You’ve Wanted to Know, But Were Afraid to Ask
What is it about?
This interactive and intensive session focuses on the ins and outs of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program requirements, from registration and exemptions to security assessments and inspections. This workshop will not only address the fundamentals of the program, but also the most recent modifications and amendments to the regulations. Topics will include:
- Understanding your role and obligations within the Controlled Goods Program
- Canada’s international trade commitments, including Wassenaar and (most recently) the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty
- Controlled Goods Program’s Enhanced Security Strategy, and your obligations in terms of security standards and assessments
- Relationship between the Controlled Goods List and USML goods
- Canadian controls on U.S.-origin goods and technology, and their relationship with U.S. government agencies
- When do you need to apply for an export permit?
- Best practices for a Canadian compliance program