Hypothetical Scenarios on Equal Pay, Family Leave, and the #MeToo Movement: The Unwritten Rules for Addressing Highly Sensitive, Complex Challenges
During this practical, interactive session, experts will work through a series of hypothetical scenarios on high stakes issues. Participants will be able to compare their approaches, and share candid feedback on an anonymous basis, and gain the latest best practices.
- Recent actions of the EEOC and what they mean for employers
- Pitfalls to avoid when using statistical analysis to prove the existence of an equal pay policy
- Preparing for legislation impacting both family and sick leave on both the federal and state levels
- Reviewing the recent Flowers v. McCartney case, and its impact on FMLA issues going forward
- Perspectives on the reasons driving the rise of equal pay cases in the wage and hour space over the last twelve months
- Artificial intelligence’s role in pay disparity
- Proper considerations towards equal pay related to promotions and job title changes
- Will this provide exemptions to employers?
- Impact of the #MeToo movement in progressing these issues to the forefront