Pay Equity: Staying Ahead of the Curve on this Hot Button Issue, Tips for Ensuring Equal Pay Compliance, Pitfalls to Avoid for Employers Operating in California, New York and Other States, and Strategies for Defending Litigation
What is it about?
- Discussion of the recent equal pay movement and an overview of the latest key legislative and regulatory developments that employers should familiarize themselves with to stay ahead of the curve
- Examining the recently ramped up pay equity laws enacted in California and New York — what are the implications? What ambiguities
exist in the statutes? What are the pitfalls to look out for?
- Which other states currently have new, more demanding pay equity bills enacted or pending and what do these bills propose? (e.g. Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oregon, Vermont)
- New pay equity rules issued for federal contractors
- What industries are being spotlighted for demonstrating the most dramatic wage gaps between men and women?
- Evaluating exposure to claims of compensation discrimination and tips for equal pay compliance
- The latest litigation arising from pay discrimination or “glass ceiling” failure to promote cases
- Under what circumstances are courts finding that employers can avoid liability for pay discrepancies? How are new state laws changing
the standards to make it easier for employees to succeed on pay discrimination claims?
- Employer defenses & strategies for defending claims of compensation discrimination
- Status of the proposed EEOC Reporting Requirements on pay differences