Digital Innovation Panel: Blockchain, Crypto, Metaverse Digital Innovation: Exploring the Role of IP in Blockchain, Crypto, and the Metaverse
Senior Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property
Partner and Co-chair, Blockchain Technology Groups
Frankfurt Kurnit Klein + Selz
The metaverse, a universal virtual world, is a huge development for the brand-consumer relationship. It gives brands the ability to offer immersive digital experiences to consumers in a new way with no physical product exchanging hands. However, this brave new virtual world may present a new universe of IP challenges:
- Understanding the framework of the metaverse and its legal implications:
- What IP counsel needs to know about the metaverse
- What exactly is the metaverse? Understanding its infrastructure.
- What is the history of the metaverse?
- How to best prepare your organization for the metaverse.
- How companies (and their legal departments) are preparing for the metaverse
- Licensing IP for the metaverse
- IP interactions with user-generated content
- How blockchain drives the metaverse:
- Understanding how Blockchain allows you to own digital goods in a virtual world
- A look at how Web 3.0 will be the foundation for the metaverse
- How does cryptocurrency fit into the metaverse?
- Explore the relationship between cryptocurrency and the metaverse
- Examine hurdles facing IP practitioners when it comes to IP and cryptocurrency