Increasing Our Focus on the “Inclusion” Piece of D&I: Understanding How We Can Better Include, Support and Retain Our Female Talent in the Life Sciences Industry
Statistics indicate that while men and women enter the life sciences industry in roughly equal numbers, a gender gap emerges at more senior career levels with women filling a significantly smaller percentage of top-level positions. Although law firms and life sciences companies are currently taking more initiatives aimed at increasing diversity in the workplace, it is important to understand the reasons why more women are not rising into the top echelons of leadership in the life sciences legal space, why so many senior female attorneys are leaving their positions and how we can better retain our female talent.
- Gaining an understanding of the reasons why senior female attorneys are frequently walking out the door
- Identifying the hurdles and hindrances that women are facing which inhibit the advancement of their careers
- Addressing how companies and firms can better create a collaborative, inclusive, supportive and respectful work environment that allows women to thrive and retain or advance their positions
- Giving women crucial tools they can use to be successful and keep their careers moving forward
- Advocating for yourself and getting the credit you deserve for your contributions and achievements
- Techniques for increasing awareness of exceptional work done by women at your company
- What are law firms and companies currently doing to advance women into the top echelons of leadership? What is actually orking and where is innovation needed?