The Nuts and Bolts of Launching and Scaling a Telehealth Business: A Master Class on Building a Telemedicine Business While Managing Compliance Pain Points
Chair, Telemedicine & Digital Health Industry Team
Foley & Lardner LLP
Jeremy D. Sherer
Hooper Lundy & Bookman, P.C.
As the scope of telehealth and telemedicine continues to grow in the post-COIVD era, more and more people are looking to establish their own tele-practice, take their practice to the national or international level, or partner with an already established healthcare company. Given the rapidly evolving regulatory landscape, and the fact that telehealth at its core employs meticulously designed and secured protocols and technologies – launching or expanding a telehealth business can be a complicated and intimidating endeavor.
This workshop will provide you with a comprehensive deep dive into the full spectrum of operational considerations needed to break-into and thrive or to expand more practices in the telehealth market, while navigating critical compliance pain points.
Topics will include:
- A step-by-step guide to launching a telemedicine practice or telehealth startup including the basics, such as:
- Considering the choice of entities and incorporation
- Establishing an employer identification number and a national provider identifier
- Certification requirements
- Selecting the appropriate insurance coverage
- Designing the patient-facing front end of your business
- Navigating laws and rules to expedite multistate expansion
- An overview of telehealth operation essentials, including:
- Licensing, enrollment and credentialing requirements
- DEA registration
- Medical billing/reimbursements
- HIPAA compliant audio-video technologies
- Privacy concerns