Elevate Your FOCI Expertise: Experience the one and only, comprehensive FOCI event for all industry leaders!
2023 CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS
Curtis H. Chappell
Vice President, Security
Thales Defense & Security, Inc.
General Counsel, US
Avon Protection Systems, Inc.
Norman E. Pashoian
Industrial Security Consultant
White & Case LLP
Daniel S. Valentine
Acting Team Lead/Mitigation Strategy Manager
Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA)
C-LEVEL EXECUTIVE PANEL
GardaWorld Federal Services
President & CEO
Airbus Space & Defense, Inc.
John C. Rood
CEO & Chair
Director of Security & FSO/TCO
Stantec GS, Inc.
Eric Robert “Ric” Helthall
Presidio Federal Inc.
VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
CGI Federal Inc.
Add more value to your conference experience by signing up for this hands-on and practical workshop and consider sending your team!
The Biggest Pitfalls that Can Derail Your DCSA Filings and Reviews: A Practical, Real-Life Guide from A to Z
September 21st, 2023
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Accreditation will be sought in those jurisdictions requested by the registrants which have continuing education requirements. This course is identified as non-transitional for the purposes of CLE accreditation. Learn More
About the Conference
The Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) is increasing its scrutiny and compliance expectations in the wake of significant new and anticipated developments. With so much on the line and a greater emphasis on the “I” in FOCI, don’t miss key takeaways and best practices for handling critically important, high stakes challenges, including:
- Special Remarks: The State of DCSA – Expectations and Priorities: Key Updates on the Agency’s Organizational Structure, Filing Timelines and Quality Management Plan;
- The Heightened DCSA Focus on the “I” in FOCI: New Reporting and More Expectations Affecting DCSA Approvals;
- Mitigating Risks Posed by Foreign and Dual Citizenship of Employees and Others: What Has (and Hasn’t) Yielded DCSA Approval and The Newest Best Practices for Moving Forward;
- Using Proxy and Voting Trust Agreements Instead of SCAs and SSAs: The Newest, Lessor Known Considerations, Timelines and Processes; and
- The Increasing Overlap of FOCI and CFIUS: Evolving Considerations Affecting Filings, Reviews, Mitigation Agreements – and Your Strategy for Managing Concurrent Processes.
WHO YOU WILL MEET
Vice Presidents and Directors of:
- Global Corporate & Industrial Security
- Export Controls
- Acquisition Policy
- Government Contracts, Compliance & Relations
Attorneys, Accountants and Consultants Specializing in:
- Government Contracts
- National and Homeland Security
- CFIUS Export Controls
- International Trade
- M&A and Joint Ventures
- Foreign Investment
- Private Equity & Hedge Funds
- Board Directors
- Outside Directors
- Proxy Holders
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- Rick Management/Practice Officer