The Trajectory of A Perfect Antitrust Storm: Examining What the Convergence of Interests in Competition Policy and Law in the New Administration Means for the Life Sciences Industry
Ian R. Conner
Latham & Watkins LLP
(Former Director of the FTC Bureau of Competition, 2019-2021)
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
Axinn Veltrop & Harkrider LLP
- Examining the latest developments in legislation and competition policy being contemplated by the Biden administration in the realm of pharma antitrust
- How has the FTC adjusted its enforcement priorities or modified its competitive analysis of pharmaceutical sector conduct due to changes in the economy or political leadership over the past year?
- What recent efforts are being made to create new laws to prohibit anticompetitive conduct? What is Congress looking at most closely in this area?
- What changes are we seeing / expected to see with regard to antitrust enforcement under the new administration?
- Assessing the impact of the recent Supreme Court decision stripping the FTC of authority to seek monetary relief in federal court in antitrust cases
- Exploring the potential for congressional action and alternative avenues the FTC may pursue, as well as the potential for other enforcers to take action