Business Considerations and New Approaches to Financing and Capital Formation for Transformative Products
Michael B. Harlin
Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP
Thomas S. Brennan
ArentFox Schiff LLP
Artesia Advisors LLC
Over the past five years, the biopharma industry has seen billions of dollars invested in therapeutic-based biopharma companies. VC investors appeared to be focusing on next-gen therapies, precision medicine, machine learning, and new delivery methods. However, even more recently, investors are leaving the space and longtime venture firms are funding less.
As investors and companies alike attempt to navigate a new world of falling valuations, this session will offer winning strategies for new approaches to financing and capital formation.
Points of discussion will include:
- Best practices for overcoming traditional financial barriers and achieving development excellence
- How to raise capital and recoup your investment
- Detailing examples of non-traditional financing and capital for the biopharma revolution
- Examining the role of private equity and SPACs in the advancement of the biopharmaceutical revolution
- Business considerations during deal making